Spy vs Spy for i type things
  • http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/07/spy-vs-spy-now-available-on-ios/

69p in the app store just now. Has anyone tried it at all? Some comments are that the controls are a bit iffy (as with all touch games that required movement in my opinion). Dear apple, just give us a fucking bluetooth controller ability with your games, I don't want a simulated joystick button.
  • amen, I hate on screen controls and 99% of tilt controls are worse.

Also interested in people thoughts on the game cos I'll almost certainly end up with it in my collection and it's a case of if it's sooner or later.
  • Is it just me, or do the retro mode spies look much better than the new "retina" versions? The new spies look even less than 2D, if that's possible. :(

Bought anyway, just to see how it all fares and then do a remake that's betterer(tm). :P
  • One of the games I was going to do for the A Game From A Cover compo was Spy v/s Sniper an unwinnable joke entry where the spy of your choice ran around the Spy v/s Spy world setting traps and stuff then at a random point would get his head blown off by an unseen adversary. It was seeing this game was in production that meant I knocked it on the head before I did more than a couple of sketches on paper.

Did some stylised updates of the classic spies that I'm really proud of. Obvious in their inspiration but not the Mad designs we all know. I went from thinking I couldn't do graphics after having some really talented people work with me this last 18 months to remembering how much I bloody well enjoy doing them and if 'proper' artists think the vast majority of their work is complete and utter shit and so do I then maybe some of the stuff I produce is alright as well. Now if only I had the time to do everything else :)

If I manage to find a scanner around the place that works with any of my machines I'll scan them in and upload them somewhere. I loved cartooning when I was younger.

• Ian said:

Is it just me, or do the retro mode spies look much better than the new "retina" versions? The new spies look even less than 2D, if that's possible. :(
    :P

Totally with you on that mate :D

Gimme yer verdict!

• The new graphics are fucking awful. It's not just you.

• This looks betterererer
  • I was so excited when I heard there was a Spy vs Spy remake... then I saw it was for iOS only, and I became sad. :(

NP

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion