Chatting about life in general, videogames, making videogames and stuff. No adverts/team requests.
THE VIDEOGAME 50
Download the 50 game pack
No prizes, no postage to Brazil & most certainly no sponsor splash screen for you lot to manipulate the rules to the point of breaking......
It's the return of the Cassette 50 compilation. If none of you remember the Cassette 50 by Cascade then go here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassette_50
Basically, for those not in the know and too lazy to click on the link, it was a seminal compilation of, quite simply, the most shitest games ever written. Some shone through better than others, but all in all, they reeked of pish.
RR has done his compilation competition in the past, and to much fun. So let's ressurrect this.
We don't need to reach 50 games, but let's try our best to do so and they can all be compiled at the end and links provided in one place for ease of downloading.
I'm going to add a theme (Rob edit: which is entirely optional)... One screen remake. Let's rethink any retro game and condense it into a one screen remake. Was Lords of Midnight too vast? Simplify it. Was Manic Miner too time consuming? Well, re-invent that as a one screen version. That's how loose the rules are.
The competition begins now 17th January and ends 17th February (2014 doh!).
There are no prizes, and at this time of writing, I don't know if there will even be judging. Perhaps a poll of all the releases can be done and the members of the forum can vote.
So let's just have fun and re-imagine some remakes in ONE SCREEN.
Go have fun.
Links to entries
1. AssCade (10 games!) by Ian
2. Blitz Adventure by Ian
3. Ghandi Krush Saga by Ian
4. CrapMan by saulc12
5. Apple Grab by saulc12
6. Derpy Dash by Hat-on-a-stick
7. Table Football by notrobot
8. TIE FIGHT ATTACKERS by Psychic Parrot
9. Farm Sim: Combine Harvester Edition by Psychic Parrot **WEB BUILD*
10. Pie Orbiter by Big Nobody **WEB BUILD*
11. Cocaine Highway by Big Nobody **WEB BUILD*
12. Universe or Universe (HTML5) by AndyH
13. Dare To Win by Empty Fortress
14. Green Beret by Amazing Jas
15. Candy Carp by Sokurah
16. Crappy Unworthy Ninja Takedown Saga by Sokurah
17. Robocodpiece by NiallM
18.Light Cycle by Tam Toucan
19.Swank Panic! by Tam Toucan
20. He-ZX-agon by Tam Toucan
21. Dreich 2000 by Tam Toucan
22. Asteroid!! by Tam Toucan
23. KillerByte by Pebu
24. Horace Goes Dogging by Beerman
25. Granny Cross by Endurion
26. Angry Candy Trademark-Enforcement Ninja Saga by The Caffeine Kid
27. Chase HP by GeeKay
28. Death Chase by Pob
29. Kramer vs. Kramer by ootsby **WEB BUILD*
30. Fairlight Coin Grab by RichJ
31. Super Jellyfish Simulator by Nathan Cookingham **WEB BUILD*
32. Xeewolf by Arowx **WEB BUILD*
33. Arkum 2600 by GimmeSumJava
34.RSC 2 by Perspicacity1 **WEB BUILD*
35. Nice Klimber by Deviever **WEB BUILD*
36. Stupidly Realistic Asteroids by SaulC
37. Xeerhino by ArowX **WEB BUILD*
38. Xeeraptor by ArowX **WEB BUILD*
39. Sabotile by Alun
40. A Russian Valentine by Empty Fortress
41. Panic Miner by Psychic Parrot **WEB BUILD*
42. Vehicle Vaulter by BigN **WEB BUILD*
43. Brick Force by Tayl1r
44. 3d Horror Maze by Tayl1r **WEB BUILD*
45.One screen Monkey Island by Scottige
46. Badger Cull by Not A Robot
47. Scrambleblitz by Havard
48. Flappo Bird by Thomas Hopper
49. Beware Of Owls by atmchk
50. Bullblazer by Michael Stum
51. Metal Beer Solid by Andre Screamin
52. Gort Ultimatum by Locomolito
53. Eeko by Bunnyhero **WEB BUILD*
54. Worst Dr Who Game Ever by Billamu **WEB BUILD*
55. Pie Rim by Ootsby
56. Cybergallop by Brog
57. Knight Willy by Not A Robot
58. Pactrain by ExciteMike
Free Digital Watch!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest